Upcoming reviews!!

     
       "He'd been wrong, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower." 
                                                         -Mort by Terry Pratchett


       The only cure for a reading slump is to bury myself in books, so here it is! My flamethrower to cure the darkness. This is the list of upcoming reviews and reads! I have 12 books in my lineup right now, but once I'm finished with these I'll start accepting more review suggestions. There are a lot of good ones coming up that I'm pretty excited about. Also, all of the books that I have coming up are from indie authors and many of them are available to read through Kindle Unlimited. If you haven't jumped into the world of indie authors yet, you're missing out on a lot of amazing, amazing books!



       1). Unwilling Souls by Gregory D. Little. I'm actually finished with this book and am almost done with the review, so I'm hoping to have it finished and posted in the next couple of days. Unwilling Souls was a ton of fun and a great way to start getting back into reading again. Thanks for breaking me out of my funk Gregory D. Little!

       2). The Holtur Curse by Cameron Wayne Smith. I've got a lot of badass female characters coming my way, and this book focuses on a lady that specializes in killing vampires and other evil creatures. I'm about half way through reading this and so far it's been an entertaining read, curious to see where it leads and if there actually is a curse on the city of Holtur.

       3). The Pendant Path by Jane Barlow. I'm excited to throw some more female authors into the reading line up, and this one sounds like a lot of fun. Magical schools, epic weapon training, and loads of crime fighting adventure are just a few of the awesome things I've heard are featured in this book.

  4). Banebringer by Carol A. Park. Honestly I was excited about this book from the very first paragraph in the description. It sounds like it's right up alley. Main character is given powers by a god that turns him into a Banebringer, and he has to team up with a vindictive assassin to survive. How could that not be fun?

     Banebringers. Source of the blood bane that stalk the land. Cause of a thousand wrongs. Despised. Cast out. Hunted. 

      5). Song by Jesse Teller. A dark fantasy that has gotten a lot of rave reviews on both reddit and goodreads.


       6). Toric's Dagger by Jamie Edmundson. A mix of sword & sorcery with an epic feel. This is one of the few indie books that also has an audio version! I always love when I have both options available.


       7). We Ride the Storm by Devin Madson. This book was recently read on the /r/Fantasy book group and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. War built the Kisian Empire and war will tear it down. And as an empire falls, three warriors rise.

       8). Daughter of Shadow: The Spiritbinder Saga by Tyler Sehn. This book takes place on a completely different world from earth (named Rua) and is about a servant to the Lord of Light named Melea. She's greatest warrior in the world and is loyal to the light.

       9). The King's Peace by Kevin Hammond. Nathaniel is a thief that finds himself stuck in the middle of a complicated quest after the King is found dead. I'm usually a sucker for thieves and assassins, so I'm extra excited to have this one on my list.

       10). Solace Lost by Michael Sliter. With a total of 612 pages, Solace is quite a bit longer than the other books on my list. But it also has a set up similar to Game of Thrones, with multiple peoples stories and point of views being featured, so it's no wonder it's such a long read. It'll be nice to test out a new epic fantasy.
                                                                            
       11). Coyote Chronicles by Anton Le Roy. This is a shorter read (under 200 pages) about some older, Veteran warriors for hire. Witty dialogue with lots of adventure.

       12). Windcatcher by A.J. Norfield. This one is all about a group of warriors who are on a quest steal back an ancient relic from the enemy kingdom, it's also supposed to have dragons.

       13). Coven Queen by Jeramy Goble. Similar style to Game of Thrones with lots of political intrigue, dark magic, and royal craziness. 




Comments

Popular Posts