The Forgotten Ones

         I remember when I finished the last Hunger Games book and how much I hated to put it down after I read that last page. I just sat there with my fingers resting on the cover, contemplating what would happen to the characters and how I was ever going to be able to read another book. It's like being stuck in an inbetween world where reality is creeping up on you, and if you put the book down real life will come crashing down on you once more.
         Even though Laura Howard has only written the first book in the Danaan Trilogy, I have a feeling these books will be the same. Now story wise this book is nothing like The Hunger Games, but after I was done reading The Forgotten Ones I was left with the same feeling I had of suddenly being bereft a good friend. How could I continue on without knowing what would happen? Would Al ever be ok? What about Ethan? Why can't I know!? That feeling more than anything for me is how I can tell the difference between a good book and a great book.
         Laura Howard has an amazing talent that kept me hooked from the very beginning. The story is centered around Allison O' Malley and her schizophrenic mother. Allison has planned her whole life on helping her grandparents take care of her mother, then one day Allison's long lost father appears and says that he can help bring her mother back from the darkness. But her father tells her some stories that are a little hard for Allison to believe. Who or what are the Tuatha de Danaan and what do they have to do with her mother? This amazing book will pull you in and keep you hooked, and for $1.99 on amazon you can't go wrong.
        http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Ones-Danaan-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00CKXODRG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374883900&sr=8-1&keywords=the+forgotten+ones

Comments

  1. I love this review... It's so amazing when someone really gets what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts