All Hail Toki Wartooth


                  "My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today." 
                                                - Watership Down by Richard Adams     

    I have not been very successful lately with staying on top of my reading and blog reviews, so I wanted to fill you guys in on what's been going on with me. About 2 months ago my husband and I had to put down our youngest dog, Toki Wartooth. It was a first for both of us, losing a dog, and especially losing this dog, was harder than I thought it would be.



       He was the playful spirit in our house that convinced our other dogs to run outside and chase the squirrels. He was the torpedo that charged us after work, the crazy ball of energy that always wanted to play, no matter how bad the weather. But he was also the reading buddy who was always there to cuddle, the first one to lean on me when I was having a bad day. Toki was the shadow that was always there. Our other two dogs would hang out by themselves sometimes, but Toki never did, he always wanted to be close.



       So, as you can probably guess, I've been a little bit of a wreck these last few months and my reading has suffered. Outside of listening to audiobooks at work, the only books I've touched have been my tried and true favorites. But things have started to get better, and normalize a bit, so I've felt like reading some new books again. I have multiple books lined up to read, so I'll put together another post with my schedule. Sorry to everyone that sent me books, I promise I will get to them as soon as I can. I currently have one review half way finished and am half way done reading a new book. Thank you guys for your support and patience. All Hail Toki Wartooth.

Comments

Popular Posts